Palo Santo (Bursera Graveolens) also called “Holy Wood” is a magical tree, native to South America. It has a sweet aroma like pine, mint, and lemon.
From ancient times, Palo santo wood has been used as a spiritual remedy for purifying and relaxing. It creates a pleasant, fresh smoke that is great for aromatherapy. When the tree is burned, its aroma gives a sense of wellbeing, peace, and relaxation. The fragrance of Palo Santo sticks is pleasing and fills the air with an enjoyable aroma whenever it is burned. Here I discuss some of aromatherapy relaxation benefits.
- Palo santo uplifts the mood, calm the nervous system and the panic attacks, and anxiety. Scientifically it is proved that when Palo santo sticks burnt, it releases the essential oil that has the potential to increase the supply of oxygen to the brain. That way when we inhale an essential oil, it alleviates the symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress.
- When Palo santo essential oil goes to the brain, it prevents neuronal cell death. It is valuable for treating degenerative brain ailments like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that provide relief from headaches and migraines. Also, provide relief from the pain of muscles and restricted joints.
- Palo Santo has antiseptic properties when it burns it removes impurities from the skin and body and home. It clear “bad energy” from the homes and bring in good fortune.
- It gives relief from flu, colds, sinus infections, and especially asthma. Palo Santo wood has expectorant properties, which makes it an effective remedy to loosen mucus and cleanse the lungs from various types of infections.
- The essential oil release from the Palo Santo has detoxifying properties. It detoxifying the liver, and boost the immune system. It provides strength to the body to fight with diseases, especially in cancer.
- Palo Santo emits pleasant aroma when burnt which makes it a good repellent for mosquitoes and other insects.
How to use Palo Santo wood sticks:
Ignite the Palo Santo’s stick. Holding in a hand and allow it to burn for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then blow out. Place the stick where you would like to clear the energy. This pleasant fragrance brings peace and clarity along with good feelings. When smoked finished, put the stick in a fireproof bowl or plate. The glow will end on its own. Be careful when working with fire.