Pimples are a nightmare to anyone that suffers from them especially for girls. They are common among teenagers but that does not mean adults are exempted from this problem. It has been seen that almost 85% of people from all over the world suffer from them at any stage of their lives.
The best way to deal with the problem of pimples is to address the root cause as only then you can treat them properly.
But, this article is about how to treat pimples using essential oils so I am not going to distract you from the topic.
Essential oils are one of the best remedies for pimples if applied the right way.
Why Essential Oils Work for Acne?
They work due to their anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
So, instead of rushing to purchase prescription drugs try out such natural remedies for a safe treatment.
Let’s discuss the 6 best essential oils for acne treatment step by step.
1. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is definitely among the most powerful essential oils for the treatment of pimples. You don’t even need to dilute it to apply it on your skin especially if your skin is not sensitive.
It has a cooling effect on the pimples particularly if they are itchy and painful. This is because of its anti-inflammatory properties that work to reduce the swelling and discomfort associated with pimples.
Additionally, it has antibacterial properties and hence it kills any bacteria that are causing the pimples.
How to Use?
- Take a cotton swab and add a few drops of tea tree essential oil on it
- Apply it directly on the pimples and leave it for some time to dry
- After about 30-45 minutes you can rinse it off with normal water
- Repeat the process daily for at least 1-2 weeks to get desired results
2. Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano oil also works quite well to get rid of the pimples fast and in fighting the bacteria which are causing them.
Please Note: Dilute it first before applying it on your skin to avoid irritations especially if your skin is sensitive.
Oregano oil contains excellent antiseptic and antibacterial properties that will help to eliminate the pimples and prevent them from occurring in the future. The antiseptic properties also prevent the breakout from spreading to other areas of the skin.
How to Use?
- Take equal parts of both oregano essential oil and any carrier oil such as jojoba or olive oil
- Mix them well to dilute oregano essential oil
- Now you can proceed to dab the mixture on the affected area
- Do this regularly (1-2 weeks) until the pimples disappear
3. Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme is another powerful essential oil that will help you in getting rid of your pimples in no time.
The reason behind this is its antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacteria that are responsible for the pimples. It actually works better than the prescribed creams that are sold in the stores.
Similarly, it is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and will ensure that the swelling, pain and itchy feeling brought about by the pimples go away as soon as possible.
Please Note: You have to dilute thyme essential oil with water or any career oil if you have a sensitive skin.
4. Lavender Essential Oil
Aside from the fact that lavender essential oil is sweet smelling it also has a soothing effect on pimples.
As a matter of fact it will nourish your skin and also help you to get away with any scars or dark spots that are left behind by the pimples.
Lavender oil also contains antimicrobial characteristics that work to fight and kill bacteria and this is how it helps in getting rid of pimples and preventing them from reoccurring in the future.
How to Use?
- Use a cotton swab to apply some lavender oil on you pimples
- Leave it for about 15-20 minutes before washing it off with water
- Repeat the process at least once a day for 2-3 weeks and you will see the desired results
5. Rosehip Essential Oil
The rosehip essential oil might be expensive but it works quite effectively in removing acne.
If you have ugly pimples on your face consider using this essential oil. It also has a calming effect on your pimples, thanks to its pleasant and sweet smell.
Rosehip oil has powerful antimicrobial properties that are extremely useful in eliminating bacteria and other toxins that lead to breakouts.
How to Use?
- Take 3-5 drops of rosehip oil on a cotton ball and apply it on the affected area
- Leave it for about 30 minutes before washing it off
- Apply it 2-3 times a day for at least 2-3 weeks to see noticeable results
6. Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage oil works against the bacteria that causes pimples and this makes it very effective in treating pimples.
Similarly, it has such useful anti-inflammatory properties that prevent the development of scars and blemishes from pimples.
How to Use?
- Add three drops of clary sage essential oil to 10ml of a carrier oil such as olive oil or jojoba
- Mix well and apply the mixture directly on the affected spots or you can even add it to your usual face cream
- You can apply it twice a day to achieve the desired effect
Instead of just applying the above mentioned essential oils also try to find out the root cause of your acne and avoid it as well.
Please Note: All the essential oils are only meant for external use only and are not suitable if ingested orally.
It has been seen that poor diet and hormonal imbalance are the leading causes of acne. So, you can visit your dermatologist for the proper advice.
Finally, I’d like to say that if you liked this article then don’t forget to share it.